We are all different. And just as we are all uniquely designed (even if we share the same anatomy), our bodies respond differently to every weight loss programs available. The idea is to find that one weight loss or ‘stay healthy’ regimen that works specifically for us. Here is a compilation of weight loss tips that might just work for you.
1. Be happy. The reason why we gain weight is because we consume more calories than we can burn. It is common for people to eat when they feel depressed or stressed. The idea is to manage stress and to address the depression. Incidentally, a weight loss supplement extracted from Garcinia Cambogia fruit, also called tamarind or Brindleberry, increases serotonin (the happy hormone) levels.
2. Drink lots of water before meal. You will tend to eat less if you get your fill of water first. Smaller portions means you cut down on the calories. Besides, water is great as it keeps you hydrated.
3. Eat your breakfast. Starting the day hungry teaches it to store more fuel for the hours it runs out. That means it stocks up on the fats instead of keeping ready for immediate use.
4. Walk or take the stairs when you can. Most of the things that are meant to make our lives easier make us heavier. The elevator, escalator, lawnmower and online shopping to name a few.
5. Try to be on your feet at work. Desk jobs keep us stationary, try to stand a few minutes when you can and stretch. You can do some exercises to while you are taking a break.
6. Smoothies for dessert. No sugar, just fresh fruits and ice. Do check the Glycemic Index of the fruit you use.
7. Take natural supplements. Supplements like Garcinia Cambogia helps weight loss by blocking the storage of fats. And it is extracted from a fruit called (you guessed it) garcinia cambogia which is native to India, Africa and in Asia. The garcinia cambogia fruit has been part of these countries’ native cuisine – it is natural and healthy.
8. Get involved in something you love. Sometimes, this is all we need. A worthwhile endeavor that makes us happy and keeps us from eating or just sitting on the couch watching TV. Instead, join Habitat for humanity, join a feeding program, take dance lessons, study photography… it’s all up to you.